Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ThirtyOne

I cannot believe the first year of my thirties has officially ended! It flew by and didn't even give me much of a chance to soak it all in. Everyone says that their thirties are the best time - you have figured yourself out, your insecurities are left behind and you finally have a grasp of what you want in life. I think I am on that track but not sure that it's all said and done.

I think I have most of myself figured out...I still have some insecurities to work out...and I definitely know what I want in life. I dream a lot of dreams...now it's time to make some of them happen!

But enough of the sentiments....and onto the presents!




I have been wishing and hoping for a gold watch for some time now. More specifically a Michael Kors gold watch. My husband searched high and low for the exact one I wanted but ended up seeing this Guess one and decided that it was much more me. I guess the bling around the face screamed "Erica" & he listened! I really love it. It has the classic look I love and it sparkles at the same time. So pretty!




This pretty thing was from my parents. I have had this on my wish list as well. The first thing that gets me is the bottle...how pretty and girly! I love anything with a bow :) The scent is so feminine too. I have been wearing it everyday since.




The best part of my birthday week (birthdays should always last longer than a day in my opinion) was spending time with some of our favorite people! We have been blessed with pretty amazing friends and we always have so much fun when we get together. We celebrated my birthday with some bowling...husbands (and a soon-to-be husband) versus wives (and a soon-to-be wife). I cannot even remember which team won but I do recall some wives beating out their husbands! The night continued with some dinner and lots of laughs. I love this group!

*Funny thing is someone mentioned that this picture looked like a tv promo for a new reality show...that just cracks me up! I wonder what the show would be called...




                                                                              

It was a great start to my 31st year. Thirty wasn't bad. It definitely reminded me that I am not getting any younger, but that doesn't mean that things will be less fun! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Miss Dior Cherie! I got it when it first came out 4 years ago. I was in love with J'adore and wanted to try something different. Dior never dissapoints! Sweet and girly, love it! Glad you had a happy birthday!! xo

Erica said...

Thanks chica! It was a good one :)